Universal Laser Tips & Tricks: Exhaust Installation & Specs
You have just purchased your new Universal Laser System and are preparing for delivery and installation. However, there are a few things that must be completed before your system arrives. One very important task that MUST get checked off the pre-installation check list is proper set up of an exhaust system. Below are a few expert tips that you can follow:
- Typical Installation has the exhaust sitting underneath the laser or right beside it, with the exhaust going through a wall, up a wall, or through a window nearby.
- A blast gate or dryer vent will allow you to shut off the ducting from the outside when not in use, and will give something for the exhaust hose to attach to.
- If mounting the exhaust unit outside or on a roof it will need to be covered so it is protected from the elements and outside critters.
- The further away from the laser you get the worse it will perform. Minimum CFM requirements will need to be upped if over 15 feet away in any direction. Additional hose, clamps, adapters may be needed also.
- Any electrical work, drilling, cutting, plumbing, etc is the responsibility of the customer. The tech will connect the hose from the laser to the exhaust and from the exhaust to the blast gate/dryer vent only.
- Dryer vent or flex hose is commonly used for inside hookup. Outside venting can use PVC or 4” round metal ducting.
Example: VLS6.60/PLS VLS2.30/3.50 VLS3.60/4.60